As parents, we all want the best for our kids, and that includes an early childhood education. Unfortunately, for many Australians, there is a great shortage of childcare vacancies. This need is further compounded for households with both parents working and women looking to get back into the workforce. There is clearly higher demand than services provided for Australians. But is this uniform across all of NSW?
Who is interested and Why:
· New parents on Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Parents moving households/new migrants
- Both parents working
· Paying $30 to get alerts from Childcare data aggregators
Dept Of Education and Training:
· Where to fund
- Encourage workforce growth for equipped ed Childcaregivers/staff
What questions does this project seek to answer:
- How do you rank the drivers that are vital for future childcare landscape?
· How accurate are you able to predict demands from data?
· What if as a parent you could decide best location to settle after child birth?
· What if you could make informed decision to choose right childcare location in a timely fashion?
How do we plan to do it
-Create a foundation based on data from SILO-ed systems
-Leverage Opensource tools like Weka , Rapidminer to use state of art Machine learning algorithms to gain deep insights